Welcome to Greenacres Athletics
Welcome to Greenacres Middle School, where every student has the opportunity to become involved in our athletic and intramural programs.
The following items will need to be turned in to the office before students may begin practicing. Please read this entire list below:
GUIDELINES TO PARTICIPATE IN PRACTICE:
- Sports Physical Evaluation Form: Sports physicals are good for two years. The sports physical form is available in the school office or online under Athlete Forms. We recommend you make a copy of your physical form for summer sports camps next summer.
- $20 ASB Fee: Paid annually. In addition, each sport has a $10 activity fee and a $25 participaton fee – football is $26 extra for equipment.
- Middle School Activities Eligibility Form: signed by student and parents. This form includes an insurance waiver and emergency release.
- Sports Safety Guidelines: This is signed by both student and parent for each sport. The Safety Guidelines will be turned in to the athletic director on the first day of practice.
- Parent /Athlete Signed Concussion Awareness Form: signed by parent and student each year.
- Participants may NOT practice until ALL forms have been turned in. Participants may not practice until all fines have been paid and ASB card purchased for the new year.
- Hardship situations: If participation expenses are a problem, please contact the athletic director or the principal.
- All school/library fines and fees paid or cleared
Central Valley Middle Schools operate a no-cut athletic program. However, this does not mean that students will have equal playing time. When we have large turnouts, we have the ability to create one or two additional "junior varsity" teams to allow for more playing time for student athletes.